This Blog displays messages that Colonel Bill's Wargames Depot posts upon it's Facebook Page, and will sometimes feature other snippets of information as and when received.

Monday, 11 September 2017

Figures for Star Trek #3. (part 2)

Just a quick post to (blow my own trumpet - because if I don't, nobody else will!) show the finished conversion I've done on a Crooked Dice ARC astronaut.
Nothing major done in the way of alterations, but I've tried to show the Star Trek Enterprise EV spacesuit design (it isn't exact, as I was working from memory and rough line drawing) and the Phaser pistol used in the show. It was also the first time I'd ever attempted to sculpt a full hand (previously I'd only ever done repair work to damaged fingers) - I have to admit that it was tricky and my first attempt isn't 100% correct, but is serviceable for my needs.
Anyway, that's Lieutenant Kiona Thayer [Senior Tactical Officer, NX-02] now ready for painting.

In time I may convert a couple of other - though male - astronaut figures as Starfleet personnel. I suppose it'll look best if they match the uniform of spacesuit already shown, as opposed to the regulation jumpsuit worn while on duty [which I'm struggling to find a figure suitable to convert].

Hopefully this figure will be painted within the next couple of days.

Cheers

9 comments:

  1. Your conversion has come out really well. I like her a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing her painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very jealous you can use the green stuff so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work Roy ! I'm looking forward to the painted version & the klingon of course !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all.

    Sculpting. Two things I've learnt recently. 1) use the correct tools - I bought for myself the 4Ground sculpting tools, they're not a comprehensive set, but they really do make it easier than just having the one shaper and a craft knife. 2) only mix small amounts of greenstuff, a small amount goes a very long way and you only ever require small amounts when converting - also, let the greenstuff sit for a while on the figure after moulding it into the rough shape, as the putty becomes more malleable and elastic after, say, half an hour after mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a trek fan, but am admiring the figures.

    ReplyDelete

comments left on this blog will not be viewed by Colonel Bill himself (unless I email him and advise him to)

to contact the Colonel direct, email colonelbill@colonelbills.com