This Blog displays messages that Colonel Bill's Wargames Depot posts upon it's Facebook Page, and will sometimes feature other snippets of information as and when received.

** Comment Moderation has been enabled. **
I'm still being pestered by a persistent spam-bot, so only Google Accounts can leave comments on the blog.

Friday, 26 May 2017

Putting the tights back on ... Pants worn on the outside!

Okay, here I go, tentatively slipping back into blogging and messing around with toy soldiers (I haven't painted anything since mid-February, I think).

Some't being as good a place as any to restart - My Superheroes [Goodies] need finishing. Only five figures to paint, so that should give me something to do for weeks to come (half a jest).

I haven't quite decided whether to use this blog solely for Colonel Bill's - there should be NEW ITEMS posts next week (if you're really interested the stuff is already up on the webstore). Anyway, this lot...

My previously painted (28mm) 'not-inspired-by-The Phantom' Phantom figure and 'not-Catwoman' Catwoman figure. Makes sense.
Just realised I painted my guy with a black head covering. Doh!
To finish off the group I've another superhero, 'not-The-Boy-Wonder' Robin, and four Gotham City beat cops. Both sets of figures still in the packaging, unopened, since York show back in February.
I suppose I'll have to paint my Robin figure in the traditional colours - Something I'm not looking forward to, as it has Yellow in it.
The police officers should be fun to paint. Though looking at the figures in the packaging they seem to be larger 28mils than the other models. Hmm, not so good if that is the case. Superhero street cops and weedy heroes.
I think this post qualifies as a Paint Table Saturday Friday post.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. I'm in the planning stages of another small project, which I'll be doing a number of conversions for and using, I believe, some of the Old West miniatures I got from yourself a year back.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back. Phantom type chap looks great with black hood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have to agree with you Martin, the black hood works well and there's enough differences in the miniature that I'll just leave alone and call him a different superhero and not the actual The Phantom.

      Delete
  3. Excellent painting and post Roy. Delighted to see these finished minis, as I've been looking forward to seeing them since you first mentioned the idea. More importantly though, its great to see you back painting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Simon, how long has this idea of mine be idling... I'm determined to get these painted. I even know where my Baddies are, but am not planning on painting them quite yet. Obviously its all your fault; that 7TV article you wrote for WSS magazine! ;)
      But I can't blame you for my own tardiness.

      If Daleks now make an appearance, however, that's another story.

      Delete
  4. I like the black hood look.......sometimes I where my pants on the outside but mainly when. Get dressed in the dark welcome back 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the black hood works really well - there's the option of a different head with the Robin figure, featuring a hood, but I've decided to go with the recognised eye mask -look. Thanks Matt

      Delete
  5. Good to see you have some of your enthusiasm for blogging back.
    Figures look great btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. Figures are now all clean and glued to bases. Heads glued on this afternoon. Tonight I'll mix some polyfilla for the bases. Should be able to prime and undercoat tomorrow - heatwave permitting [Hah! Just as I wrote that it has started with a summer storm outside]

      Delete
  6. I also think the black hood on the Phantom looks better! Cat woman is just lovely! As for Robin...I've seen alternate colours which are mainly dark greys, blacks and dark reds. Much better than the original colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon. That Pandora King (Crooked Dice) conversion was one of the first times I ever played around with green stuff modelling putty (the ears) and it was definitely more luck than skill :)
      Thanks for the info on Robin. I know next to nothing on the character, so I'll do some google-fu this weekend.

      Delete
  7. The Crooked NOT Cat woman is FAB> On of the best realisations of that sculpt I have seen.

    Not a superhero fan but they all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Clint. Yes, she's one of my favourite models I've done - no idea why I converted the figure, or even how I came to the decision to make a Catwoman conversion. I'm not even sure how long ago it was that I did it! Still, I'll no doubt hang onto it long after I sell off everything else, if it ever comes to that.

    ReplyDelete

comments left on this blog will not be viewed by Colonel Bill himself (unless I email him and advise him to)

to contact the Colonel direct, email colonelbill@colonelbills.com