This Blog displays messages that Colonel Bill's Wargames Depot posts upon it's Facebook Page, and will sometimes feature other snippets of information as and when received.

Unless specifically stated otherwise, all miniatures featured on this blog were not painted by me (Roy Williamson).

Wednesday, 30 March 2016

WIP Post #2 On Dolly Mop - Colonel Bills Victorian Harlot

Apart from the skin tones needing their second and third contrasting layers, and I might work on the blues of the feather and garter belts, maybe a highlight on the red of the nipple tassels' cups, that's the work about there, completed.

All ready for more work, come Saturday. Yay ... Groan! ;-)

All I've been doing is painting on diluted layers of paint, so I'll just let the photo's do the talking. 
There is some spots of shiny, in places. Its the sun reflecting off a glossy bit of paint, which should vanish with a coat of varnish .

The photo's may be enlarged, by clicking upon them.

Second layering of contrasting colours
 Third layering of contrasting colours
Here's the LINK to the official version - now with a photograph of another painted example!

12 comments:

  1. Outstanding stuff Roy, and I'm not sure why I missed your previous WIP posting, as these sorts of postings are my fave. I do like your second layering technique, and its really bought this figure to life. great stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Blaxkleric: Thank you. The figure's finished now, though I forgot to take photos between the 2nd/3rd/4th coats of flesh tones - But there's always next time.

      This set of WIP posts is as much a case of practising how to present the different stages, as it is about showing off this paint job. Come Saturday I should have a couple of 40mm Saxon/Vikings to work on, and they'll probably be receiving similar treatment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. @Phil: Thank you.
      It's all painted now, so there'll be a final blog post about it tomorrow - once I get some photos in good daylight.

      Delete
  3. I was not going to get this figure..... but now I see it painted I am having second thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Clint: Its possibly the best sculpt in the entire Belt Fed Girls range. At least I'd argue it is.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. @Pendragon Without: Thank you.
      It's all painted now, so there'll be a final blog post about it tomorrow - once I get some photos in good daylight.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. @Rodger: Thank you
      I've just posted the blog post featuring the finished paint job.

      Delete
  6. You have really pulled out all the stops for this one Roy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Michael Awdry: Thank you.

      The paint job's finished now. Though the blog post has been buried under a Colonel Bill advert, so I'll have to sort out a link to it.

      Delete

comments left on this blog will not be viewed by Colonel Bill himself (unless I email him and advise him to)

to contact the Colonel direct, email colonelbill@colonelbills.com