Straight into the report this week -
The Action at Pearson's Farm
- With eyes staring out from beneath the brim of his hat, Bad Luck McGill spied the looks both The Ysabel Kid and Bladen Kleric were giving him and gave legs to square B7, shouting "Ashby? Ashby? Ashby?" as he went...
- Hearing these shouts, The Ysabel Kid was still unsure and, as Bad Luck had not given any indication of who'd hired him, took careful aim at the retreating figure.
- Bladen Kleric meanwhile, hunkered down behind the tall grass, also drew an aimed bead on the back of McGill!
- Turning to face him, Buck McIntosh called out to Billy Whistler, "What's wrong with you man? Shoot or get off the pot!", before moving forward to square C4...
- To which the slow-thinking Billy, finally having taken in what happened previously, turned on McIntosh and opened fire! The bullet whipping past the intended target, causing McIntosh to miss his step as he moved, the shock of the very close call causing him to jink from his intended path ... But McIntosh had the necessary guts to continue on
- Now knowing that he had an enemy before him, Eric Johansen crouched low to the foliage at the bottom of the tree and took aim at the moving form of the Ashby man, McIntosh.
- Still shouting, "Ashby? Ashby? Ashby?", Bad Luck McGill continued in his jog move to square A6
- The Ysabel Kid shoots, having previously taken aim at McGill, but the bullet missed
The View of the "Action" at that point
- Bladen Kleric's pistol fired moments later, again at McGill, but again the bullet missed ... McGill's bad luck was not in evidence, so far!
- Butch McIntosh moved paces away from the Maxey enemy, Johansen. Both of them now in the same square, C2
- His short-barrelled pistol following McIntosh's movement, Eric Johansen fired at close range... The bullet however failing to find the mark
- Billy Whistler's shot however fairs better and put McIntosh under pressure from the close flying lead
- "Ashby? Ashby? Ashby?" still being yelled, Bad Luck McGill dived into the solid cover of the privy building in square A2 ...
- But not quick enough, as The Ysabel Kid managed to fire one last shot off at him before McGill vanished behind the closed door
- Bladen Kleric's view forward and beyond being blocked by the large boulder, he saved the bullet that had had McGill's name written upon it and waited
- Only yards between them now, Buck McIntosh leveled his pistol and shoots on Johansen. The bullet hitting home and blood beginning to seep from Johansen's right arm
- Left hand clutching his right arm, Eric Johansen returned fire ... Causing McIntosh to take several steps back, as the blood dripped to the ground where Johansen stands
- His aim thrown off as McIntosh stepped backwards, Billy Whistler's final shot missed the mark and flies true to where his target had been a second before
- Reuben Bendix, peering out from around the corner of the window, heard the frightened yelps of the dog as the bullets flew. The canine's distress growing further away as Bendix watched and made sure that none of the gunfighters came towards the front door of the house - least not before he knew friend from foe!
A big thank you is deserving to the players! For without them I wouldn't have a game report to publish on my blog each weekend ... Thank you all.
Also, to those readers who have shown their support and encouragement to this game, be it on this blog or the forums that I've posted the game upon ... Thank you.
Turn Three's Orders emailed to me no later than Thursday evening, please.
Updated Player Sheets will be emailed out this morning ... please let me know if you do not receive yours